The European University Institute in Italy is offering interesting fellowships. Founded by the members of the European communities in 1972, the university is now the leading institute in Europe dedicated to social sciences and humanities with the reputation of being a transnational hub of research and higher learning.
The Max Weber Program is an opportunity for international students regardless of their nationality. The program is a post-doctoral program designated to applicants who are within 5 years from the completion of their PhD. It is important to note that most Max Weber Fellows secure an academic position in the finest institutions around the world upon completion of the Program.
- International students regardless of their nationality.
- Candidates must have received their Ph.D within the past 5 years or have official approval to defend their thesis by the time of the start of the program. (1 September). Therefore, to apply for 2023-24 they should have received or submitted their Ph.D. between 1/9/2018 and 1/9/2023 and the Ph.D. defense should take place no later than 31/12/2023.
- Preference is given to those who have recently completed a doctorate, not had a postdoctoral position before and/or are on the job market.
- The program is in English, and the requested English proficiency level is C1, and successful candidates will be requested to provide an English Certificate as part of their application documentations ( IELTS , TOEFL (IBT) )
Fields of the fellowship:
- Political and social sciences , economics, law, and history
- The length of the Max Weber Fellowships varies by the academic unit to which the Fellows are affiliated.
- The grant provided by the Fellowship is currently 2,070 EUR per month.
- The Max Weber Fellows enjoy the superb research facilities of the European University Institute (including an outstanding library, a shared office space, and a personal research fund of 1000 EUR – 2000 EUR for second or third year Economics Fellows who are on the job market). The MWP is unique among postdoctoral programs in helping Fellows to become full members of a global academic community.
- Fellows are given training and support in all aspects of an academic career – from publishing and presenting, teaching, applying for research grants and jobs. A particular focus is placed on communicating effectively in English to different kinds of academic audiences.
- Prepare your CV (a short CV of a maximum of 5 pages including education, professional experience, prizes, and other significant achievements) with a selected list of publications (a list of your books, contributions to books, and major professional journals) in PDF
- Prepare a research proposal (2-4 pages) in PDF.
- Reference Letters
Deadline & Program Start Date:
- Start Date: 01/09/2023
- Deadline 18 October 2022 at 14:00 (Italian Time)
Application and Further details are provided on the official website of the European University Institute: https://www.eui.eu/en/home
Source: European University Institute