▪ Opportunity Description:
The idea of studying in a prestigious Turkish University is appealing to you? Think no more, and take the great opportunity of a fully funded scholarship that the Turkish Government is providing to international students. “Türkiye Scholarships” is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program awarded to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term programs at the top universities in Turkey.
▪ Structure & Duration:
– Full-Time Scholarship Programs: ( provided at bachelor’s , master’s , and phD levels ) , and are listed as follows : 1) – The undergraduate Scholarship Program, 2) Graduate Scholarship Program, 3) Art Scholarship Program , 4) Merit Scholarship Programs.
More information about the full time programs are available on: turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/fulltimeprograms
-Short Term Scholarships:
- Success Scholarship Program (1 year )
- Research Program ( 3-12months)
- Katip program (8-10 months )
More information available about the short term program on: turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/fulltimeprograms.gov/shorttermprograms
-Joint Scholarship programs:
Those programs are meant for some disadvantaged groups within the framework of special themes in cooperation with international organizations and other public institutions. The list of these programs is as follows:
- Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI) Scholarship Program.
- SPARK Scholarship Program
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program
- Yemeni Pioneers Scholarship Program
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Scholarship
- Higher Education Support Program
▪ Advantages & Benefits:
The scholarship programs provided by the Turkish government are supportive and really encouraging for the students, and therefore it provides:
-Accommodation fully covered for some programs.
-University and Department Placement.
-Türkiye Alumni Network.
-Self Improvement through Social and Cultural Activities.
-Once-off Flight Ticket.
– One year of Turkish Language Course.
-Tuition Fees Covered.
▪Requirements & Eligibility:
-Citizens of all countries.
-Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022).
-Researchers and academics.
-Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship.
-Individuals who are currently enrolled in programs at Turkish universities at the level of education they will apply for.
Minimum Academic Achievement:
-For undergraduate candidates: 70%
-For graduate candidates: 75%
-For candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
-For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
-For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
-For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
-For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
-A valid identity document, ID card or passport.
-A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year.
-National exam results (if any).
-Diploma or temporary graduation certificate.
-International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program.
-International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program.
-A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications).
1) Create your personal account on the Türkiye Scholarships Application System.
2) List your dream university and program preferences
3) After reviewing all the stages and documents, approve your application.
4) Upload all required documents. It will also be beneficial for you to include your extracurricular activities and achievements in different fields.
5) Write an original letter of intent explaining your preferences, expectations and goals for the future.
January 10 – February 20